Monday, November 29, 2010

Your mama's forgetful face



The King of Siam

its about me


its all about me
the earth moves on the axis
of my neck rotating
with joints that function
along side muscles that tighten
and eat up all this energy
gathered by the hands of stars
molded inside the echo chamber
of my mother's jaded womb
the sun smothers me
it comes to earth to thank me
for being born in june
when its might is in full swing
and the days are longer than any other
and the days remember my name
winter comes to love me
it knows it harms but it can not stay away
it wants to hold me close against it
be tender with my body
kiss my neck in passion that it does no posses
rain falls to wash me
for it cares about my condition
plants grow for my sake
flowers blossom to celebrate
children are born to commemorate
the wind calls through the plain
it only says my name
wolves kill to fill my belly
things die in sacrifice
to uphold my destiny
which is to simply be
because
its about me
its all about me
and it always will be

s. sparling

No comments:

Post a Comment